This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Reichardthausen Municipality (Germany)

Gemeinde Reichartshausen, Rhein-Neckar-Kreis, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2018-01-01 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: reichardthausen | base(green) | house |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Reichardthausen municipal banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 3 Jan 2018 See also:

Reichardthausen Municipality

Reichardthausen Banner

It is a green-white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: phone call to village mayor Otto Eckert
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 3 Jan 2018

Reichardthausen Coat of Arms

Shield Argent with base Vert, standing upon base a house Gules with a central turret, topped by a crosslet Sable.
Reichardthausen had been seat of a special court, being in charge to encash the tithe for the Palatine Counts of Rhine, who acquired the village in 1380. The court held its meetings in the upper room of the local municipal hall. The house in the arms could be this municipal hall. It appeared first in 1770 on a local court seal, however without crosslet. Sometimes it is considered to be canting referring to the suffix "-hausen". The arms were proposed in 1901, the house then had been coloured "proper". Later (no date given) its colour was changed to red.
Source: Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg

The banner was approved on 25 September 1956 by Minister of Interior of Baden-Württemberg, published in GABl 621/1956.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 3 Jan 2018

back to Rhein-Neckar cities and municipalities click here